Our optical engineering staff is not large, but it is talented. We expect to add staff in mechanical design and quality assurance over the next few years.
|Steve Eckhardt, President
- 30 years of experience in optical engineering
- PhD in Optics from University of Arizona
- Experience designing single element lenses to multi-element zoom lenses, in wavelengths from the deep UV to the thermal IR.
- Applications including Inspection, wide angleand panoramic photography, augmented reality, 3D printing, projection and laser marking.
- Test instruments for retroreflectivity, polarization, high illuminance weathering (life testing), robotic assembly, etc.
- Illumination systems for projectors and stage lighting
- 22 issued patents and more pending
- Read some of his reminisces.
|Matt Johantgen, Optical Engineer
- 7 years experience in optical design and manufacturing
- BS in Physics from University of Minnesota – Morris
- Experience in design of high end custom microscopes
- Applications including forensic microscopy, fluorescence imaging, infrared imaging, and polarization.
- Familiar with optical-mechanical design and integration, software integration and development, electrical integration, and product testing.
|Andrew Eckhardt, Marketer
- Three years experience in marketing
- Two years experience with lens assembly and troubleshooting
Not shown are the many part-time and contract employees without whose contributions this company could not exist. They do tasks such as optical design, mechanical design, electronics design, programming, marketing and system testing.
- Optical Engineer: Dave Stotzmann
- Electronics Engineer: James Kennedy, Jason Wagar
- Mechanical Designers: Bill Haushalter
- Technicians: Josiah Smith
Their contributions are greatly appreciated.
Please check our careers page for more information on joining our team.